If something has exploded in your microwave, or if over time spatters have accumulated on the walls and ceiling, don’t get a chisel and hammer. Use a bowl made out of microwave safe plastic or Pyrex and fill it with water. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it to boiling. Let the water continue to boil for five minutes or so. The steam will soften any baked on food and you will be able to easily wipe it away with a cloth or paper towel. If need be, and the inside of your oven is plastic, you can use a green scouring pad, but be gentle! Remember, always dry anything you clean with a a clean dry cloth or paper towel.